Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Victory is...

...not as satisfying as I'd thought it would be. But that's because it's not victory in 2000 or victory in 2002. Victory in 2006 means the people rose up, yes, but maybe a little late. We've still got that thing in the Middle East going on. We've still got most of the world hating us. We've still got a National Debt that is insane. We've still got, in short, all the shit that Bush and Co. foisted on us over the past six years.

I'm thrilled that the Dems took over the House. I'm ecstatic that Nancy Pelosi will be the Speaker, and I'll be fascinated to see what happens when a strong, gutsy woman runs the place.

But can we ever repair the damage internationally that the Republicans have done???? I fear not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So--whaddaya think?