Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Jury Duty - The Penultimate Post

I've done my civic duty. By the skin of my teeth--and enormous good luck--I managed to escape without being sat on the jury. Even the judge, as he dismissed me, said that such was my luck he advised I buy a lottery ticket immediately. Forty-eight of us were empaneled yesterday morning. This afternoon, twelve relatively good men (and women) were sitting in the box, plus two alternates. Thirtytwo had been seen, questioned and found wanting by one or the other of the attorneys. You do the math: two of us were left.

I'm not done with this topic. I've got some, ahem, "observations" about our justice system. But I'll leave them for tomorrow when I'm, shall we say, fresh and ready to joust.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So--whaddaya think?