Sunday, April 27, 2008

Things I'm Thinking About MidLifeBloggers.com

There are a number of thought threads that are warping and wefting through my mind about our site. I'll start off intending to write about one, but then another floats into view and grabs my attention. Part of this is that I do have ADHD, so sticking to something is, was, and will always be an enormous effort at times. Over the years (see, the advantage of having lived those years), I've learned that the best way for me to get something done is in bits and pieces. Do a little of this and then a little of that--eventually it all comes together and eventually the fabric gets woven. So, that's what I'm doing here in this post, which I'll also put up at MidLifeBloggers.
  • How to create conversation? to get and keep people talking on the site?
  • Should I be doing the editor thing and actually suggest ideas to specific people?
  • How much trolling over other sites do I want to do? And how much should MidLifeBloggers just grow on its own as it will?
  • Carol of A Different Nest wrote this in response to our first post: Great job. I, too, have a goal of writing beyond my blog. But, life keeps getting in the way. Maybe this site can be the start of some kind of anthology - who knows? Immediately I thought, yes, anthology, that's one way of explaining what I'm hoping for.
  • Are there people on our blogroll that would like to 'cover' certain topics? Who? What topics?
  • How to maintain and extend the inclusion of ALL...ages, opinions, interests? The very political and the apolitical, the scholars and the jokesters, the high-minded and the low-brow?
Some of these are mere fragments; others may die before dawn; of all, I ask for your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So--whaddaya think?