Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Themes and Content at MidLifeBloggers.com

I've now looked at countless Wordpress themes and actually uploaded four. Of those, the two I like the best are not widget-friendly. One has to do some manipulating to widgitize them, and I'm thinking I'm so over the manipulation bit. But maybe not. Maybe now is when the tough get going, etcetcetcetc.

This is the one I'm liking now:


But then, I'm drawn to this one too:

Clearly I'm a fan of the rounded corners, odd-ball designs.

And I liked the one I posted yesterday as well, but I'm afraid all those separate windows would end up confusing me, if not the rest of you. I think I'll just pin the tail on the template and go for whichever.

Initially, there will be two places that need your thoughts and words. The main page will feature a different blog post by you at least three times a week. Right now, I'm going to function as the editor of the site, so you'll submit your post to me and I'll put it up on the site. This will, of course, be cross-posted from your blog, unless you'd rather not (and I know some of you would rather not!). The other arena which will depend on you will be what I'm calling, for want of something snazzier (!) "Conversations." Basically, it will be a comment page on a specific topic. Anyone gets to start the topic: again, tell me what it is and I'll put it up there.

There--that's the beginning. Whaddaya think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

So--whaddaya think?