Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Interview With A Blogger: The Official Version

Whit, over at HoneaExpress, didn't start this, but he's the one who caught my attention. These are the rules, as quoted by Whit:
That's it. According to the rules, which I am a stickler for, I am to post this information: Interview rules:
1. Leave me a comment saying “Interview me.”

2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the
questions.
3. You will update your blog with a post containing your the answers to the questions.

4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.

5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
And here are the five questions that Whit asked me:
.
1.� You've bitten me twice, turning me into a vampire and a zombie, respectively.� What's up with that?
There are many responses that come to mind and tongue here, but the truth is--I thought you bit me. The fact is that there aren't that many kids in my sandbox, so you get picked a lot. I would spread the wealth a little, but having freelanced, I know a needy soul when I see one. There is nothing quite like looming deadlines for shit that you don't want to do to make one pump up the effort in other arenas. When I was freelancing, I had perfectly plucked eyebrows. Used to keep a little mirror and tweezers by my computer and groom away when the writing got rough. So, consider my bites as invitations to play when you're so inclined.

2.� I've had dogs my whole life and I have never seen one in a carseat until your Molly. �Did you come up with that?
I wish I had invented carseats for dogs; I'd be rich if I had. I just googled it and got 3,120,000 hits for dog carseats. We got ours when we travelled a lot with our Yorkie, and she would slip and slide all over the place. Perhaps your dogs have all been on the larger side? Perhaps they are used to riding around in the back of your pickup?

3.� You said that you have a lot of books by your bedside.� Do you always have that many, or do you dwindle the list down before building it back up?
I neither dwindle, nor build. I just haven't edited the list...because I would have to figure out the code for strikethrough, and that would be a pain. But since you bring it up, I will revise my list. And update. And maybe even annotate. I cannot go to sleep without reading in bed for a while. Milk and chocolate helps as well.

4.� Did you ever feel bad that you didn't include me in your list of people you met at the L.A. Blogger Party?� It's because I teased you about the apron, isn't it?
I didn't?! Well, now I do feel bad. Maybe it's because I went straight from meeting you to putting you on my Google Daily Reads list. That's a pretty big deal, you know. Not many people are on it.

5.� The URL for your site is one letter off from a site full of naked men.� Did you do this on purpose?
Are you going to make me guess the letter? And how do you know?

And who's being interviewed here, you or me? Or is this a case of, enough about me, let's talk about you--what did you think of what I just said??????

Well, that was enlightening, wasn't it. If you want me to interview you, follow the rules in green above.

10 comments:

  1. The code for strikethrough is the word strike. Enclosed in the little pointy brackets. What are those called? The same to end the strikethrough, but with the word strike preceeded by a slash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mary C: you asked, I shall deliver....

    ratphooey: thank you guru of the nets. you have ALWAYS been able to answer my vexing questions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ratphooey,

    Those "pointy brackets" are mathematical symbols -- < less than and > greater than. Not to be confused with that other pointy bracket whose name I don't know {

    But it works well as a mustache with a beard smilies...

    8-{>

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't even need to write "strike" you can just use an "s".

    I thought what you just said was very insightful.

    Yes, I've always had dogs larger than a breadbox, or a tv for that matter.

    I believe the "e" is the letter in question which separates you from the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, that bite stuff, in case people are wondering what the hell I was talking about if a facebook thing

    ReplyDelete
  6. gosh, whit, it never occurred to me that not everyone would know the source of that bite stuff. thanks for saving my reputation--and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my god, just checked the sans-e site.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you started Eat,Pray, Love yet?
    It is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:01 AM

    Excellent idea. Please interview me!

    ReplyDelete

So--whaddaya think?