1. It was much much better than '06. There seemed, while it was going on, much less grumbling about cliques and in-ness and A-List bloggers. But the latter may have been because they, them of the A list, were absent this year. No Dooce, no Maggie, no Erin. It only occurred to me after the event that maybe they were gently uninvited this year. To allow the lesser folks to shine, perhaps.
2. I knew people! Yeah! And people knew me! Double yeah! So good for the ego.
3. I met people, I networked, I handed out and was handed cards. Here are some of the people I talked to...and liked...and did stuff with...and wanted to get to know better
Marie Drennan www.badbudhistblog.com
Grace Duffy http://quietlyshoutinginside.blogspot.comFaye Anderson www.andersonatlarge.typepad.com
Birdie Jaworski www.lapajaro.com
Rachel Kramer Bussel http://lustylady.blogspot.com
Shannon Entin http://phatmommy.com
Susan Getgood http://getgood.typepad.com
Lori Shapiro www.spinningyellow.com
Maria Niles www.consumerpop.typepad.com/fizz
Susan Mernit http://susanmernit.blogspot.com
Kristin Henderson http://cribceiling.blogspot.com
Valerie Brown www.infovirtuoso.com/blog
Mary Tsao http://marytsao.blogspot.com
Cynthia Samuels http://dontgelyet.typepad.com/dontgeltoosoon
Elana Centor http://funnybusiness.typepad.com
Heather Sanders www.ohmystinkinheck.com
Catherine McNiel http://catherinemcniel.blogspot.com
Lady M (Monica) http://nupboard.blogspot.com
Pam Mandel www.herseyeview.com
Jody DeVere www.askpatty.com
Breanne Boyle www.askpatty.com
Jennifer Ackerman-Haywood www.craftsanity.com
Laurie Smithwick www.sk-rt.com
Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah www.sarahandthegoonsquad.com
Robyn Tippins http://sleepyblogger.com
Judy Coates Perez www.judyperez.blogspot.com
4. I learned stuff that I wanted to know about this thing called ByJane. Technical stuff. Some of which you're already seeing; some of which I'm still trying to get a grip on.
5. The W was--all that you've heard. Loud, insistently in-your-face cool (2 way mirrors in the bathrooms, for god's sake), and did I mention, loud. Oh, and expensive. I'm not sorry I stayed there, because it was an experience and I do like my experiences. I am sorry I stayed there alone and had to pay for the whole shebang by myself.
6. During the conference, I was overwhelmed with feelings of, I dunno, sisterhood. Now, post-conference I've got a not-so-warm taste in my mouth. This is the year that I'm feeling BlogHer itself is a closed shop, or at least closed to me. Now admittedly I am not all that I might be these days, and Sturdy Girl would tell you, and me, that it's just a question of my perspective, but--some of the BlogHerettes, that is, the Poohbahs, seem a mite, oh, Kappa Kappa Alpha to me. Not that there's anything wrong with that....
7. Will I go next year? I dunno. I'm feeling little blogged out at the moment.