- Taken to lunch by my sister, BIL, and Kayla. Thought we were getting sushi. Sushi restaurant closed for American holiday. Ended up eating Mexican. And this was fine, since I have been in California long enough to get a palate, however small, for Mexican food. It's only taken about 25 years! And I still don't get the heat factor. After two mouthsful (or should that be mouthfuls?) of something hot, my taste buds spasm and nothing I put in my mouth after that has any flavor. So what's the point, I ask? None, I answer--and try to avoid any but the mildest dishes. Don't be giving me none of that salsa stuff; I take my chips plain, like my men.
- Taken to dinner by my sister, BIL, First Niece and family. Lobster. Yes. And oysters. And chocolate cake.
My birthday presents were:
- gold bracelet from sister and BIL
- paisley wool shawl from sister and BIL
- little enamel box in shape of a popcorn wagon from First Niece and family
- sweater from FN, etc.
- Pokeman coloring book from Kayla
- Pokeman cutouts from Sam
I have much to report from my trip. I will save that for tomorrow....
I am catching up on blogs that I missed while away, but definitely wanted to wish a happy happy happy birthday to all of you who are fellow Cancers. Did you know we're in for a rocky six months relationship-wise? And I wondered why all this was befalling me. It's in the stars, kids!