Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Pigs Have Rights Too...

Right around the time that a brouhaha on breastfeeding in public was brewing on BlogHer, I went to the California State Fair. And saw this poor pig. She can't move in this contraption they've got her in. She has to just lie there while the piglets roam over her body at will. That gets my dander up a tad more than whether or not humans breastfeeding in public is a godgiven right. How come humans get agency and pigs don't, I ask you. I'm of the mind that as you treat your animals, so you treat yourselves.

I tried to get a picture of her face while all this was going on, but the damn bars which prevent her from moving got in the way. Still, I couldn't resist giving her a bit of a boost--lipstick and eyeshadow. This wa purely for the pig's sake and should in no way be considered by anyone at all ever a political statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So--whaddaya think?