Friday, January 05, 2007

Paying Bills...

I am sitting here with that vague, pre-frontal lobotomy headache that I always get whenever I manage to fasten my butt to the seat to Pay Bills (I wanted to put that in a huge purple font, so it should scream as it does in my head, but I've spared you, holding myself to a delicate cap initial letter status). I believe I have mentioned this state before. Like every month or so, when I can no longer avoid the shifting pile of envelopes that have accrued since the last time I paid 'em. And I believe I confessed that it isn't not having the money to pay that bothers me. And it's not having to write checks, because mostly I do on-line (bless you, BofA) banking. It is just the fact of these fucking people wanting something from me. Leave me alone, goddamnit.

3 comments:

  1. What makes them think you owe them something, huh? Those pesky envelopes showing up month after month. I hate them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that, too, and I have a wad of them in my handbag I need to pay.

    Which, like you, I will do online.

    But still. It rankles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my GOD do I agree wholeheartedly with this post.

    ReplyDelete

So--whaddaya think?