Because I would analyze the worm out of the wormwood, and because I really do see this as Getting In The Way of My Life, I'm ready to do some hard thinking-through. See if any of this sounds familiar to you--and if so, are there any ways I can outwit myself?
- Going out means getting dressed.
- Getting dressed means selecting from my wardrobe.
- Selecting from my wardrobe means confronting that fact that nothing fits--and if it does, it looks like shit.
- Confronting the ways in which my body has changed, much to my horror and dismay
- Confronting that I'm older, aging, past the halfway mark, over the hill, out of the running--
- Picking a terrific outfit that would be the perfect costume (yes, as in theatre) for who I was going to be that night.
- Loving the look in the mirror. Not as in some narcissistic venture but as in, "Damn I look good!"
- Making my entrance, playing my character, seeing what kind of applause I would score.
- And maybe, if I was interested, scoring.