Thursday, February 05, 2009

Another Account of Cleaning Woes and Wonders

I do not have to tell you again that I will do anything to avoid cleaning. Do I? Do I? No, I thought not. So when I tell you that I have found something that helps me achieve that end, you must believe me. But if you don't, I'm humble enough to offer photographic evidence. To wit, Exhibit One: my stove top in its natural state
Am I embarrassed at the schmutz (not to mention spaghetti sauce) that sullies this fine stove? Clearly I am not the woman who wipes up after every spill--or even every day. Yes, I'm embarrassed, but I'm shaming myself for your benefit. Normally in such a state, I would soak the racks in soapy water and scrub the hell out of the cooktop with my bare hands.

But not this time. This time I, thanks to MomCentral, had in hand Green Works Wipes. They are natural, biodegradable cleaning wipes, all of which sounds good, but frankly, I've found the natural stuff in the cleaning department to be a little less than efficacious, if you know what I mean. So I questioned the power of these wipes to do the heavy duty job my housekeeping requires. And now I offer Exhibit Two:The rag at the bottom of the frame is the single Green Works cleaning wipe that I used. To clean the entire stovetop. All four burners. And the racks.

T'was a miracle, I tell you. I didn't even work up a sweat...or grease my elbow. I merely wiped and the schmutz (and spaghetti sauce) came off, as is evident in Exhibit Three:

Do I recommend these? You bet I do.

3 comments:

  1. Impressive! I am also not much of a cleaner - I had to look very closely at your exhibit one to actually see what the problem was!

    And I am surprised to learn that the definition of schmutz does not include spaghetti sauce - I thought it was a pretty all-inclusive word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:49 PM

    You kill me. Shall I send over my housekeeper the next time she's over? She probably isn't praised on MomCentral but I can guarantee that she's biodegradable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything that saves work and time cleaning is for me! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

So--whaddaya think?