Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I Won! I Won! I Won!

The stars must have been aligned for me on Sunday, because I could not go wrong. Not only did I win a wonderful souvenir from Japan from Merlot Mom--which, of course, I will feature here when I get it (ahem!). But I won this
shooting water into a balloon at the State Fair. And these
in similar games of extreme skill and cunning. Aren't you impressed?

You should be, because I haven't won anything since I won a date with Fabian back in 9th grade (which gives my age away if nothing else does). I enter all competitions just assuming I will lose. And when I win, I assume that the contest was rigged in my favor. For example, I'm sure that the bowl from which MerlotMom's son pulled my name was filled with pieces of paper, all of which said "byJane." And I'm certain that I won the banana--and the car--and the shark (or is it a dolphin?)--because the person running the game was pushing a button that made my seat the winning one.

I realize that this is a rather sad commentary on my sense of self. I'll have to think about that for a while before I can offer up a shrink-worthy analysis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So--whaddaya think?